2 November 2011

Long weekend

Guess what? I went away for a crazy weekend with the lads, skateboarding and the like. Here's a group shot that Jay insisted on taking. I'm glad he did.

Photobucket

Here's Jay, the Torquay local, along for the ride even though he had a shoulder operation a few days previously.

Photobucket

This is Eddie, eating a mango next to the sink, the crazy bastard.

Photobucket

That's Jason, catching up on my infectious journalism in the Sunday paper. Nice one, Jase!

Photobucket

That's Dave.

Photobucket

Dion, ever the businessman.

Photobucket

And grandmaster Pete, having a bit of a skateboard.

Photobucket

Marty also came along for the ride, driving us about and such. He's quite a funny character.

Photobucket

He's also quite handy on the board. This park was great! We called it the botanic gardens. It has a forest in the middle of it!

Photobucket

It has a massive bowl that is fantastic fun. I convinced Dion to have a go at it, a move that paid off with dividends.

Photobucket

It was quite hot. Dave was concerned he was getting sunburnt. It's funny to think of Dave wearing a hat. It just doesn't seem like something he'd do.

Photobucket

Dave is good on the board.

Photobucket

Here's Marty again.

Photobucket

Dave, fs air after I fell on the left side of my bum for the first time.

Photobucket

Dave again. I'm besotted.

Photobucket

This was funny. Dave went over to have a chat with Jay and Eddie, but our new (rather drunk) cohort Jordie went ahead and skated between them.

Photobucket

Eddie and Jay, telling asian jokes.

Photobucket

Here's Dion's first 50-50, pretty cool!

Photobucket

We all stayed in a house that Pete had organised. Jason and I shared a room, which meant I took photos of him while he slept, amongst other things.

Photobucket

Breakfast of champions

Photobucket

Dave led us in a yoga session, which made me able to walk, and eventually skate, in spite of my extremely sore bum and everything else.

Photobucket

It was wet, so we visited the DC mini. It's a pretty decent mini ramp in a shoe shop! It made me like DC a bit more. We even joked about buying some shoes on the way out, but thought better of it. There were loads of kids skating the ramp, whom I studiously ignored (uncharacteristic!), but Dave coached with aplomb.

Photobucket

Eddie somehow pulled down the safety net, rendering the ramp illegal and the session over. Hilarity ensued.

Photobucket

Here's the ocean! No surfing this time round.

Photobucket

Jay managed to get us a session at this private ramp. It was awesome and fast. It was also where I fell on my bum for the second time, rendering me useless for several days.

Photobucket

What a terrific barbecue we had that evening!

Photobucket

This was one of the most hilarious moments of the trip. A few of us decided it would be funny to take lots of photos of Pete soon after he retired. Dave got the best shot, on Eddie's camera. Oh how we laughed!

Photobucket

We stumbled home and I managed to limp to Rosie's dance recital, which she and her friends have been preparing for for months. It was spectacular! They came out dressed as mummies, dancing to Walk Like an Egyptian. Half way through, they transformed into Egyptian queens and kings!

Photobucket

Celebrity judges.

Photobucket

All the teams were amazing, but I thought the 'Tomb Raiders' should have at least got the best costume award. Ah well, dancing was the winner on the night, etc!

Photobucket

No comments: