10 August 2010

Art fair

Business as usual at this end. Raph was back on Friday night for our burger fix, followed by a beery discussion of skate trivia at the Great Northern. Sam has now set this image as his screen saver.

Photobucket

The art fair was on over the weekend. Joey and Mems very kindly got us tickets, for which we thanked them by arriving an hour and a half late.

Photobucket

It's quite an extensive operation. We adopted a harsh but fair approach, judging booths by vibe. It may have resulted in a few missed gems, but what the hey.

Photobucket

This was one of my favourite paintings, by Ben Quilty. I like portraits of people's faces. Also, it reminded me of Scottie, because he has a quilted shirt I refer to as 'Ben Quilty'.

Photobucket

Jason liked this one, I think the artist's name is Chuck Klose. Close enough, anyway.

Photobucket

Rosie was very keen on this work by Nathan Grey, which I also enjoyed. Dion hated it, but that's art.

Photobucket

One thing we were all agreed on was the mastery of Mental as Anything stalwart and Mambo mastermind Reg Mombassa.

Photobucket

These heads were full on. They made me feel like I was falling over.

Photobucket

I wished Tess could have come too.

Photobucket

Lots of spirit levels. Fittingly, they were a bit off centre.

Photobucket

I've noticed the beauty in stacked chairs before. Dammit, should have taken a photo, now it's abd.

Photobucket

This stall was awesome, by Arts Project Australia, of artists with intellectual disabilities. I wanted to buy 'Airport'.

Photobucket

Brendan had his own stall, which was all buzzy and exciting. He is killing it.

Photobucket

On my way home, I stopped in to wish another of my favourite artists Milo a happy birthday.

Photobucket

No comments: