25 May 2009

Nadia 'Mum' Olijnyk

My grandmother died last week. She was a lovely woman, very funny and clever.

Photobucket

I went back to Adelaide for the funeral. It was sad, but really nice at the same time. Here is my brother Pij, my dad Nick and me.

Photobucket

My Auntie Kat with my dad, toasting Mum.

Photobucket

Kat and D with Nadia some time ago

Photobucket

Mum's cousin Lily had some good stories

Photobucket

She wrote in journals a lot, with very vivid memories of her childhood growing up in Ukraine, then marrying my grandfather Peter and building a house, then the war breaking out and everything going crazy, then living in different work camps, then finally coming to Australia and building a life for her family. When she couldn't reach her journals, she wrote on anything.

Photobucket

I also visited my other grandmother Jay.

Photobucket

On my mother's side

Photobucket

Tamara

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

youre brother looks so much like your dad when he was younger and you should tell him that :)