15 May 2009

Indeed

It seems like a long time ago now, but my friends Andy and Heather flew straight in from living in London for six years and stayed with me for a week.

Photobucket

I used to live with Andy in Brisbane. We had quite the community going on, with lots of cards playing, longneck drinking and of course, shredding. Liege was a big part of that time too, and Andy was stoked to bump into him at an extremely claustrophobic bar. I stood behind a door most of the time and was still in the way.

Photobucket

Liam was also over that weekend, from Adelaide. He was enjoying a few quiet cans.

Photobucket

We had dumplings. A well-bearded Chris came along too.

Photobucket

I also attended the Gem one night for a few beers...

Photobucket

...with Jason and Bret!

Photobucket

And you wouldn't have guessed, but things got a bit rowdy towards the end.

Photobucket

This is where I left him.

Photobucket

What else? We played Uno, that's what else.

Photobucket

Sam showed up direct from an art opening and wasted no time in getting right into the swing of things.

Photobucket

Skated this amazing mini at the Burton/Gravis/Alien etc. HQ. It used to be the Lush ramp, but is a bit thinner and has less flat bottom now.

Photobucket

As amazing as it was, I was a bit tentative and freaked out by the walls and the ceiling and the slippery wood - besides, it was fun to watch Ralph and the others skate it properly.

Photobucket

Scottie's comeback is going swimmingly.

Photobucket

Lewis was there too. His new board graphic was drawn for him by one of the Koori kids that hangs at Prahran skatepark. So good! And there I was thinking the designers in America had come up with an aboriginal themed board.

Photobucket

Animal Chin and assorted vids were playing on the wall. Awesome! Such an innocent/homoerotic scene. If you haven't seen it already, check Bloglips for Sam's 'horse power' clip from the ramp session.

Photobucket

Afterwards, we dropped in at Scottie's place and picked up Shona to go and see Synecdoche, New York, the new Charlie Kaufman film.

Photobucket

I highly recommend it. Very clever, bittersweet stuff. What else can I say about it? It's a week after I saw it, and I'm still thinking about it. We had competitions to see who could keep their lolly teeth in the longest.

Photobucket

On Sunday, I went skating in the city

Photobucket

These guys skate the city all the time. They also skate the Library a lot, which I find difficult with all the people and traffic. But it is chockers with atmosphere and action. Damn Bryce is good.

Photobucket

After a while in there, we went to meet Morgan and Jay in Collingwood and shredded a few funny spots.

Photobucket

Clip forthcoming.

Photobucket

No comments: