20 February 2008

In lieu

What with sleeping in, hawking jeans to the masses and acquainting myself with the wonders of the westside, I've not found time to blog. Priorities! I'm also on a detox type diet, which has made my brain lethargic and less than humorous. However, I have just ingested my allocated caffeinated beverage for the day and also have an article due. Perfect blogging weather.

Photobucket

It was Joey's birthday. I couldn't make it to the festivities, as I was attending the ill-fated one day match between India and Australia at the MCG (more about that later). On Monday, Joey kindly took my brother Pij (more about him later) and I along to the go-kart track they all went to for his birthday to renact the excitement.

Photobucket

Safety first. Well, after a half-assed hair-netted nod to hygiene.

Photobucket

The dude who worked there was pretty good. He gave us the spiel about keeping it clean on the track, much like a referee of a boxing match.

Photobucket

Pij and Joey thrashed me. I think they lapped me three times during our 15 minute run. At first, I was being a tad conservative behind the wheel, feeling it may roll over and I may die, but towards the end I really let loose, pedal to the floor at all times, feeling the slide on some corners. Good times. The guy told us we were very well behaved and regaled us with tales of lap records (which Joey was not far from) and crashes aplenty. When I asked if the karts ever rolled, he told me they do all the time.

I've just remembered we used all our internet at home. Well, I used it all. So photos are very slow to upload. What a shame, I was on a roll.

No comments: